*THE UPS AND DOWNS OF LIFE*
Also known as the peaks and valleys of life. If you are alive and reading this chances are that you have already encountered some trials in life, or perhaps you are going through some challenges as you are reading this. Fact of the matter is that no one is immune to the ups and downs of life, now that we can all agree on this. What’s the best way to handle the trials, the valleys, the curve balls life throws at us from time to time. Before we can answer this, we need to understand the real meaning and the purpose from a biblical standpoint. *Ecclesiastes 3:1-8* clearly states. *To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. 2. A time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted. 3. A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to brake down, and a time to build up. 4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance. 5. A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing. 6. A time to get, and a time to lose, a time to keep and a time to cast away. 7. A time to rend, and a time to sew, a time to keep silence, and a time to speak. 8. A time to love and a time to hate, a time of war , and a time of peace* This scripture points us to the peaks and valleys of life.
The next question is how do we get to the valleys of life, there are three ways that brings us to our trials.
1. We put ourselves there through our own doings
2. Someone else brings us to those points in our lives. “Out of our hands”
3. God brings us / allows us to hit the valleys in order to purify us and bring us to where he wants us. *Jeremiah 29:11* clearly states *For I know the plans I have for you declares the lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope* We are to trust God in everything for we are a divine creation and he loves us with all his heart. Think about it, if our creator determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name, he provides food and trees for the birds, he gives sunlight for the flowers to blossom. How much more does he loves us, to the point of giving his son Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins to be wiped away.. God truly loves us, when we know this, not only in our mind but in our heart and soul. The valleys / Trials of life become opportunities for spiritual growth, spiritual maturity. The trial becomes a bridge between us and God.
*Psalm 23:4 Reinforces the point of the believer*
*Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your stuff, they comfort me*
This is the promise of God for those that take refuge in him. *Psalm 23:1-3*
*The lord is my shepherd: I shall not want. He makes me lay down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name sake* alright let’s bring this to a conclusion.
We know that there is a reason for everything under heaven. We also know that we are never alone, God is with us every single step of the way. We also know the the valleys / trials in our lives are opportunities for us to grow spiritually, to grow in communion with the lord.
This brings us to the last question. Why do some trials last longer than others? Why do we experience so much pain during these trials ? The answer is simple.
It is our approach to our circumstances, we have two choices.
1. We embrace God and allow his promise to bring us to green pastures “health” to lead us beside still waters “Peace”‘ and to restore our souls.
2. We deny Gods love and prolong our misery.
Now we can see the reason why some of us go through longer trails than others. *What determines the degree of our suffering is the degree to our yielding to God. The more we resist God the more we suffer*
Love and light